ohhhh hello bloggie bloggers!!!! I have missed you all so very much. There is so much to update you on, I don’t even know where to begin! There’s some good news, some bad news, some happy news, some sad news (do I sound like Dr. Seuss?). So in an effort to reduce my babbling, let’s get to it -
Remember that time I made October goals? I do.. vaguely. Have I thought of them before today? Um, no. So let’s see how that went.
Goal 1) Cook something with pumpkin – SUCCESS!!!!! We will completely ignore the fact that I made the cookies yesterday, November 5th. The recipe will be at the end of this post. and you need to make the cookies. so you need to keep reading and suffer through my slightly still nyquil-drugged thoughts. Or you could scroll to the bottom. but you shouldn’t.
Goal 2) Don’t procrastinate – SUCCESS!! (i’m honestly shocked i’m 2 for 2 right now). Yup, I had no choice but to be on top of things. Life got nuts-o.
Goal 3) Run more than 2 miles. COMPLETE AND UTTER FAILURE. I wish I could say I even ran one mile. Or 1/2. or .1. But no… the library consumed my life, and I became a lazy bum. My brain got lots of exercise though? That should count for something. I’ll start tomorrow (if I’m not longer sick).
Goal 4) Meal plan. 92% success. I did a lot, other times I didn’t. the end.
For not reading my goals since I wrote them.. I’m pretty pleased. Here is what else happened in October:
Sad news, bad news:
- I’m learning to deal with the occasional B. They’re okay once in a while.. I guess. Ughh. Grad school is hard.
- My iPod got stolen (okay I’m an idiot and left it sitting outside of the office where I work and when I realized it, it was gone. [Sorry Mike...])
- I did not get the flu shot. I work in a kindergarten classroom. I’m sick.
- My sister is getting married!
- All my big tests and projects are over.. for a week or so
- My mom got power back after not having it for a week!
- Decorating for the holidays has commenced!!!!!!!!!
Alright, now that you’ve all thoroughly enjoyed reading my compelling and life-changing thoughts, here is the recipe that you need to make. right. now.
I got it from here.
Iced Pumpkin Cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the 1/2 cup of butter and white sugar. Add pumpkin, egg, and 1 teaspoon vanilla to butter mixture, and beat until creamy. Mix in dry ingredients. Drop on cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls; flatten slightly.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven. Cool cookies, then drizzle glaze with fork.
- To Make Glaze: Combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Add milk as needed, to achieve drizzling consistency.